The Behaviour Interventionist's role is to provide ongoing intervention to children with ASD. Sessions typically occur daily for 2 hours, are play based and utilize the Reference and Regulate curriculum. Duties include:
• creating a learning environment using R&R intervention
• developing a lesson plan and choosing activities from videos and/or R&R activities booklet to accomplish goals
• using daily charting forms and curriculum to monitor progress and plan goals for on-going sessions
Loyst and Associates have developed a very extensive mentorship program for interventionists. This includes:
• intensive R&R theory and practice workshop
• extensive R&R video samples to explain the curriculum and daily charting
• joint sessions with experienced team leaders
• video review of sessions
• Early Childhood Education License preferred
• Preference will be given to applicants with Special Needs Licenses and at least 3 years related experience.
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Demonstrated knowledge of family centred practices.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
• Independence and initiative
• Valid BC drivers license and vehicle.
• Satisfactory criminal record check.
• Possesses and is able to apply good judgment and problem solving skills.
• knowledge and understanding of child development
• excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• strong desire and aptitude for working with children – warm, caring, patient personality
• highly committed, reliable and creative
• open to and able to act on performance feedback in order to improve quality of work and outcome for childclear criminal record search
• open and clear communication with families and other professionals